Malahide Apartment - Worth buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

biggles

Thinking of Purchasing a 3 bed apt in M/Hide central (at average advertised price for what we're getting)

Worth it or not?

Love to know what others think - am unsure. Friend of mine thinks all apartments are now doomed, doomed, doomed!!! :D

Apartments get a lot of negative press these days, and this is against a backdrop of a general property crash. Anyways here's my two cents on it...

Apartments have many advantages over houses, and will be back in demand at some point in the future:
- Little maintenance required (no gutters, no outside walls to be painted, etc.)
- Easy to heat and also to clean!
- Option to rent (s.t. location, location, location!)
- Convenient for singles, retired, couples
- Often located in better locations than houses, meaning no car required.
- Relatively safe & secure... even when you're not there a neighbour is in the building.

It's not all good, but by the sounds of things, plenty have told you that already.

I think M/hide is an attractive spot. If you could see yourself owing it for c. 5 years, then why not!

- Small developments are Concrete shells

Thanks lazing - that's a good reply and I appreciate it.

Malahide is beautiful and has Dart so convenience is there for renting etc. Its a complete buyers market though and lots of upper scale areas have plenty of part time investors trying to get out so haggle, haggle, haggle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back