Malaga taxi for 3 adults & 2 kids?

Hillsalt

Are there restrictions on passenger numbers for a taxi from Malaga Airport to Marbella. Usually, we travel as 2 adults with the 2 kids (aged 3 and 5) and grab the first cab we see at the airport. This year, grannie is coming.

Are taxis permitted to take 5 passengers in Malaga or do I need to book a minivan cab (and if so, any reccomendations welcome)? We never hire a car as we always stay in the resort and sipp an occasional beer with lunch!!!!

I would guess that it depends entirely on the driver.

Would grannie be happy to squeeze into a taxi with all 4 of you...maybe a minivan would be more comfort for her

We are a family of 2 adults & 3 children and we have always taken a people carrier when abroad. Chances are most taxis will not take you.

We were part of a party of 5 who travelled to Malaga for a cruise last October. We pre-booked a taxi that would take 5 (People carrier) as we were told that most taxi's would not take 5. With all the luggage we would not have had enough room in a normal taxi.

Thanks. Could you recommend any particular company?

I dont know what distance it is from Malaga airport to your resort. But, I am sure there are unofficial taxis operating from the resort. It might be fruitful to contact some of your neighbours living in Spain. This will work out cheaper also.

Better to rent a car. It will cost at least 100 euros each way - maybe more.

Back