makingcents.ie -new website for anyone interested in learning about financial matters

Complainer

[Mods, feel free to switch to other forum(s) - couldn't really work out where would be best for this]

See [broken link removed] for the new website from EBS & NALA. Have to say that I don't like the look and feel of the site - seem to be a lot of Flash materials, which don't run on my work PC. THe content seems to be mostly pre-existing materials pulled together.

Re: makingcents.ie -new website for anyone interested in learning about financial mat

From a quick look at one of the 'modules' it seems very patronising or else it's aimed at 10 year olds. I also do not trust such 'information' provided by financial institutions, i.e. EBS. The IL&P had a savings guide some time ago and it was rubbish.

Re: makingcents.ie -new website for anyone interested in learning about financial mat

OMG - their 'online budget calculator' is a pdf that you print out & do the sums yourself.. pointless website from what i can see.. much better out there (and on here)

Site is really badly designed and as per Slim, its difficult to trust info from any Irish financial institution at this point.
Online budget tool is also a PDF and not editable??? Not exactly an online tool...

From a quick look at one of the 'modules' it seems very patronising or else it's aimed at 10 year olds.
It's aimed at adults with literacy difficulties.

The fact that NALA are involved indicates this website is designed for an obvious cohort !

Back