Making own business cards,flyers etc

D1983

I just got microsoft office for small business 2007 which lets you make your own business cards,flyers,bochures and much more.

Just wondering does anyone else make there own?
Any tips or info!!?
Ive only had a quick look so far but looks easy enough to use.

make sure you use quality paper, would be my main tip!

Personally, I find Vistaprint the best - very professional and a lot cheaper than ink and paper IMO

Definitely second vistaprint. I've got business cards from them on three occasions and they are top class. If your in to running a business you need to have the professional look.

vista print is the business.....They are quite affordable and you can upload your own designs if you wish or use many of their templates. They are quite efficient with delivery etc.

Vistaprint are great for business cards .register and always log in using the email you receive from them.
Their flyers are only A4 size , but when you get used to using their website , you can create nice flyers from 'compliment cards ' note cards ' etc .
Its best to use their tecnology to create documents , because when you upload from MS Publisher or any other basic programme , the resolution can result in poor quality .

Ok but what if i designed them on ms publisher and printed them myself?
I have a decent printer...so if i get some good paper i should be set to go?

I know a good business card etc is important,im not one to cut corners but since i have this software im just wondering will i be able to do the whole processs myself!?

I would also agree that home made business cards are a false economy. I would recommend print24.ie

I'd agree that its not worth trying to produce your own. Its very easy to get decent business cards printed cheaply. I know there's already a few recommendations on here but I'd also recommend The Ink Drop [broken link removed] They are very competitive for all types of printing and will deliver nationwide. A good supply of business cards wont cost more than a couple of hundred euro from a few different printers. That's pretty cheap to give the best possible first impression of your business to potential customers.

VistaPrint take beating for cards and stationery but be warned. They have the most tenacious marketing department on the planet. They will in subsequent times bombard you with all manner of offers but some of the offers are quite good. It just the frequency. Just like tile shops here, they are in permanent 'SALE' mode.
Don't think you'd come anywhere near Vista with your own efforts.

Alright forget that brain wave
Il try visaprint and see how they come out,thanks.