Making a headboard

2706eilis

Has anyone ever made their own fabric headboard (like you see in showhouses) or got an interior designer to make it. I have bought material and it's meant to be easy to do, but am way of trying it out on my own first time

If anyone has any suggestions or contacts of people that have it done, can you let me know.

Thanks

my wife bought a second hand manky coloured one in a charity shop for a fiver. Bought the material she wanted to use for the new one. Brought it to some curtain making shop I think..as in she brought the material and the old coloured one and they redid it for her.

I think there is a shop in Capel Street that sells foam/sponge filling for chairs and headboards etc for a D.I.Y job. I got one made in DunLaoghaire for just over £120 some years ago.

My wife went on a soft furnishings course at our local College and followed it up with an antiques restoration course. She has successfully reupholstered dining chairs and made some curtains with a box pleated pelmet for our second bedroom - major job as the window is 18 feet round. (No, I didn't know what box pleats were until the curtains were hung)

Back