making a complaint about cheap airline - impossible

Gordanus

I'm trying to make a serious complaint about a cheap airline. I booked online so had a look at their website to get an address to write to : none there. Rang the number they gave, and they gave me an email address, saying they'd no postal address. Emailled them, and the email bounced back. Is there any way I can find a postal address to send them a registered letter?

[broken link removed]

You could try the companies registrar. At least you would have some sort of address to work with.

Gordanus said:
I'm trying to make a serious complaint about a cheap airline. I booked online so had a look at their website to get an address to write to : none there. Rang the number they gave, and they gave me an email address, saying they'd no postal address. Emailled them, and the email bounced back. Is there any way I can find a postal address to send them a registered letter?

These were very helpful to me when I had a problem that a little customer care could have sorted out in the first place

http://www.aviationreg.ie/

Thanks Solo. Just spent 20 mins hanging on to their Customer Care line before work yesterday to no avail. (It's not an Irish line!)

why not mention the company you are trying to contact somebody might have the address?

gordongekko said:
why not mention the company you are trying to contact somebody might have the address?

Does he have to mention who it is??? How many cheap unhelpful and impossible to contact airlines are there out there?? I can only think of one and there is no point cRYAN over spilt milk when something isn't fAIR :D

a) Gordanus states its not an Irish line ( presum he means phone line)
b) everyone on the internet know the address of the airline Ballyman refers to. ( dublin airport)

I made a complaint to the Commission for Aviation Regulation in Ireland about Aer Lingus. I was less than impressed with the service that they offered. My complaint was about a delayed flight from France to Dublin. Because the delay happened in another country and not in Ireland they weren't interested. When pressed they offered to foreward the complaint to their counterpart in France asking the French regulators to deal with me directly. They were not getting involved. To date, 9 months not even a response.....

Gordanus said:
so had a look at their website to get an address to write to : none there.

One of the first rules of buying things of the internet is to always make sure that there's a postal address in the event that you do actually have a complaint. And a telephone number that isn't a freephone or locall number (though not as important).

I once had a company pitch to me to get a link-swap on my website. I checked them out and there was no postal address anywhere on their site. I asked them for one, but they said they didn't need one because they were "keeping costs down and didn't have an actual building". So I asked him for the address of where he was currently sitting carrying out work for the business, and I never heard from him again.

No address, don't give them money. Remember, they have to have an address. If you're paying them online, they will have to be dealing with credit card/payment companies, and they will already have insisted on having an address before any accounts are set up.

It was Germanwings, Ballyman. There are quite a few cheap airlines. Ronan, difficult to get an address for a lot of places! However, it's now 2 and a half weeks later and still no reply to numerous emails, so will take it further. Thanks everyone for your help!

Ballyman said:
Does he have to mention who it is??? How many cheap unhelpful and impossible to contact airlines are there out there?? I can only think of one and there is no point cRYAN over spilt milk when something isn't fAIR :D

You missed your vocation.

and the airline! but you sound too educated to take penalties for Engerland!!

Gordanus. I flew with Germanwings to Cologne earlier this year. I was having a problem booking their special offer with the Marriott Cologne and I needed to contact them. I rang one of their phone numbers ang got through to a person who was able to give me their customer service email. For the life of me I don't know where I put it though. However, nobody responded to my complaint but funnilly enough the problem with the special offer was sorted out immediately.

Gordanus said:
Ronan, difficult to get an address for a lot of places!

Yes, and my point is that you shouldn't deal with such companies. Full stop!!! No matter how much value for money you think you're getting.

Back