Majorca Holiday

Anemone

hi,couple mid 40's going to majorca in sept preferably the north of the island we want the beach but also want to do some walking and cycling would appreciate advice on what areas to stay in (nice hotels, restaurants etc) have 2 weeks so thinking of maybe doing 1 week beach 2nd week in the mountain area

going to puerto pollensa in northern mallorca in late july/early august, it reads well, very good website at puertopollensa.com

Visited Majorca in April, loved Palma, great public transport from there to anywhere on island. You must take the old train to Soller on west coast, magical journey and beautiful location, great for walking up in the hills. Beautiful orange, lemon and olive groves. There are very good deals in hotels, half board and full, its not worth doing self catering. Suliar Palace hotel at Soller port, full board includes all drinks at bar, good location. I went to Cala Ferrara, had booked apartment for 3 nights but didnt like it so came back to hotel near airport.

I would second peurto pollensa and suggest you look at the Pollentia Club for accomodation.
http://www.clubpollentia.com/index_en.html

I stayed there last year with 2 young children so it was not an activity holiday, but they had a bicycle shop on premises and do get cycle groups staying with them so are obviously geared up for that.
Beach accross from hotel was not great but the pool area was nice and overall it is a nice hotel.

thanks for the help that site puertopollensa.com is very good just the area we have been looking for enjoy the hols in july

Just go into budget and book a holiday in the north coast of majorca. The hotel is bound to be near the beach and I`m sure there`ll be plenty of restaurants nearby.
Majorca isn`t really mountain country but thers plenty of nice countryside everywhere.

Back