Majora Where to stay? Things to do?

help-me

Hoping to bring girlfriend to Majorca end of March beginning of April. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on best place to stay? Resorts and hotels? I was just thinking Palma itself as it is ment to be nice. Would santa ponsa/magaluf be a lot madder? Were just looking for a nice hotel with plenty of bars (not mad!) restaurants and beach and shops of course. Seems to be alot of hotel in palma hard to choose which one to pick though. Any help appreciated

Do a search, there are other threads on Palma and Majorca.

Careful around Palma, especially around the cathedral, these gypsies come up to you and try put a flower in your pocket, I was told the idea is that you take out your wallet to pay for the flower and they insist it's free, but by having the flower you are targetted by pickpockets, they are basically sussing out what's in your wallet, just be aware, but Palma is very nice - didn't stay there just a day trip (stayed in Puerto Pollensa and it's very nice).

Thanks for the advice havealaugh. I did a search before I posted on both there was a good few threads but nothing really to help me.

Santa Ponsa would be okay in March/April. I was there last september and it was lovely all couples and odd few families as all kids and teenagers are back at school.
We stayed on east coast the previous year - perfect for the quiet break and some really nice hotels