Maintenance/Service charges

F

flojoryder

I have lived in apartments all over the place and finally settled in Ireland. I look after my property and its common areas cleaning and gardening etc. I now wonder why I bother. I did not realise there would be so many rentals and am fed up of doing things for the benefit of landlords who never visit their properties or do anything to maintain them. While I realise the management company cannot pay me surely a reduction in the amount of maintenance I pay would be appropriate. Is this possible or am I just to continue trying to hold up the whole properties value through my efforts. Some of the work I have completed has not been done since I moved in 5 years ago

You'll have to bring this up at your management company meeting. It should be stated in their terms what they do and don't do regarding upkeep of common areas - if they are not doing what they say then you have reason to complain but not sure if there's a whole lot you can do.

Are you renting or an owner? If you are rending, you don't have any direct relationship with your management company. Technically, you may have to go through the landlord.

I am an owner occupier if I was renting I would not be paying the service charges they would be the responsibility of the landlord.