maintenance order in Ireland ???

S

Scarlett

Hello everybody,

Please help I'm trying to get a maintenance order and an attachemnt of earning in Ireland . Does anyone know what form to get ? the differnt steps or forms ? How long does the process take .

I am well aware that i could use a solicitor but unfortunately they have all quoted me between 3000 an 10000 Euro . I simply don't have that kind of money.

I'm a single mum of 4 children (all under the ages of 16 ).
For the last two years their dad has not contributed toward their upbringing. Even do he earn a six figures salary.
I don't think I should be begging ( that's what it feel like sometimes ), asking him for money when it 's his responsability in the first place.
This is the last resort . He lives in Dublin. I live in London but i do not want to go through REMO because it will take ages ( I was told up to a year ) !! Divorce was difficult and i did not get a maintenance order at the time .

Thank you for reading and any advice you can give me
Scarlett

If you live in London and want maintenance and attachment of earnings orders enforced in Ireland, I believe you will need to initiate proceedings in the UK.

Any orders granted can I believe be enforced through the family law courts in Ireland, but proceedings must start where you are.

Would you have access to free legal aid in the UK?

I believe the start point for any action is here http://www.csa.gov.uk/ with the UK's child support agency

Thx for the reply Mathepac,

the CSA effort in getting money from him were pretty pathetic while he was in the UK . But now that he does not live in there anymore they can't do anything.

It is perfectly ok for me to get a order from the Irish Court. I don't have to be living in Ireland Because the order is against him, he's the one living in Ireland. ( ie: if he wanted custody of the children he would have to apply to an English Court )

There is an Irish parenting website called rollercoaster.ie. You might be able to find other people in the same situation as yourself who will tell you what they had to do to get maintenance.

Back