Main Dealer and Hands Free Kit Problem

skyblue

Hi,

I got a hands free kit installed in my car a Lexus Is220 by a main Toyota dealer. It cost €350, The tech that installed it told me before he installed that he had installed a number of kits in Lexus cars, but when I returned to the garage he was charging a sothering iron on my battery and had the dash pulled apart and was having difficulty installing the kit as he then said he did not do one before.

After all this he did get it to work but then my alarm started going off randomly. I brought it to a Main Lexus dealer who stated he would fix it in four week for 80 as the hands free wire was running over the sensor for the alarm. I rang the owner of the Toyota garage and he stated he would pay for the Lexus garage to fix it or he would get his technician to call me. As the Lexus garage had a four week wait, I agreed to the latter. He promised a call in relation to this which never arrived.

The problem then started again and understandably the neighbours were going mad. I got my car serviced today in the Lexus garage where I purchased the car and they stated on the bill that the Hands Free Kit was causing the interference.

I called in to the toyato garage on my way home to explain my situation and the owner told me in no uncertain terms that it was my problem and nothing to do with him. I told him the service/good he supplied were not of a fit standard, he retorted that what I would be able to do about it. I said I would get a solicitor involved and he stated it was not worth my while for the money involved and I would get nothing of him.

I then rang Toyota Ireland and they told me he was an independent trader even though he is a main dealer.

Sorry about the long post but What do i do now after all this?

Small claims court maybe if you wanted to go that way.

Why did you buy your car in a Lexus main dealer, get it serviced with a Lexus main dealer and go to a Toyota main dealer to get a phone kit fitted?, seems odd to me!

What's the name of the Toyota main dealer? It also seems odd that Totota Ireland would just say "he's an independent trader" and leave it at that. I worked with a couple of Totoya dealer for years and there was a very good Aftersales team working on customer complaints and every garage had to have at least one CSI person who would look into any faults/problems with either the car or the garage. You would also be audited on these for results and also follow up call from Toyota Ireland.

Is this Guy you got to do your phone an actual Independant dealer who Toyota have no control over?

Back