Mailing address needed

Carnmore

If someone is going away for about a year, is there a mailing address service they can use to hold letters rather than forward them?

An Post have a PO box service but it's expensive and not all organisations will post to a PO box address.

Are there any alternatives?

Why not consider a virtual office solution. Here's one I've just Googled based in Dublin. Mail scanned and delivered as pdf via email for €20/month - you could also ask them if they will hold on to the hard copies for your absence if you need them.

Edit: Brendan beat me to it!

I've used An Post to hold my mail when away, longest was about 3 months if memory serves me right. You can check if they do it for longer. They deliver it all in a package on your return date.

Both redirect and mail holding worked fine for me.
Did you have access to your original address during the redirect to check that they never actually missed it ? I have and I still get about one a week that 'misses'.

Redirect ran for about a year & the property being redirected 'from' was checked monthly. I didn't find anything missed.

I used the redirect 2 different times.

Firstly, about 6 years ago, and it was very hit and miss. I complained to An Post, and they said the quality of the service depended on the individual postman on the route, as they had a list of redirects and it was them who returned the post to be redirected. I lived in city centre where the postman changed frequently / temporarily, and also I can't imagine it was easy to remember individual apartments.

Used the service again this year, and it seems to have been better. Don't know if the method has changed, or if it was because we had a regular postman. I didn't have access to the house this time to confirm.

Back