Magnet kitchens

cloughy

looking at kitchens andwent to magnet on Liffey Valley, and was impressed with some of them, has anyone ever had one installed, are they good quality and what was the price like ? Also anyone ever dealt with another kitchen company called "The Kitchen Shop" in the ballymount Ind Estate, was also impressed by kitchens, and am awaiting a quote.

Any info would be appreciated.

Hi cloughy, I was in Magnet a few weeks ago and the saleswoman could barely be ar*ed to talk to me, lovely kitchens but she put me off. You should go to google.co.uk and type in "magnet complaints", quite a few angry customers out there.

very expensive.

Cloughy

A close relative has endured the most appalling customer service from Magnet - it is hard to believe that any company in their situation could treat a customer as they did. At one stage, we considered protesting outside the shop in an effort to get the matter resolved.

Avoid like the plague - you have been warned !!

Agree Belasco6

Agree totally with Belasco6. Sales lady couldn't be bothered. Wasn't impressed either by her ot by the stock to be honest. Went to Streamline in Fairview and the Panelling Centre. Much better wares and salespeople.

I fitted a Magnet kitchen last year, decent quality. They can be expensive, but do 50% off sales now and again. They made some mistakes in what they delivered, and most of the staff are poor, get talking to the manager.

Getting a magnet kitchen installed at the moment.
I read some poor reviews on the web but I felt that most complaints were about the installation of the kitchen. I think that it all depends on who is putting in the kitchen. Our installer seems to be good but time will tell. We dealts solely with the Manager in Liffey valley and I have no complaints. She arrived mid-installation to check that the installation is going ok.
Regarding price, I got a few quotes. Magnet had a 50% discount on the cabinets, with the discount , the price was slightly more expensive, but I believe that the kitchen will be of a much higher quality.
Full price for our kitchen with Magnet would have been 21k approx (large kitchen plus Island with granite work surface) With the discount the total is 14.5k approx.
What I would say, remove your old kitchen yourself (our saving 300) . Stay away from fancy gadgets.
Final note, if Magnet did not offer the discount I would not have gone with them. 21k was too much to pay for a new kitchen in my opinion.

Bought from Magnet last year. Staff weren't insterested in us, wanted to show them what i wanted and she wouldnt get up off her chair, wrong products were delivered, rang shop to sort out - no one would help. Asked them for their head office number and they finally got it sorted out 2 months later. Don't go near them.....

I looked into them last week and was quoted min. 15K for a basic, new kitchen, so thats the price range you'd be looking at.

hi.. we bought one there about 3 years ago.. Absolute disaster! the cabinets were installed and not aligned properly.. the customer services was dire, after much badgering they finally sent a rep out to view the workmanship and he agreed it was "not up to their standards".. but that was the last we heard from them.. Int he end we gave up because it was doing our head in contacting them and being fobbed off!

personally i wouldnt by a hand towel from them.

ps it also cost 12k back then ( in old money!)

A friend bought a new kitchen from Magnet, here are her main points:-

A kitchen that should have taken 3 days took nearly four months, staff could not have been bothered, awful response from manager who was down right rude on phone and could not have been less interested if she tried, and badly installed appliances with some key features on the extractor fan just left in their box, and Magnet actually told us we had lied, when we asked for money back for items which we had installed in exasperation due to length of time involved, including a cooker, they indicated we had blocked them in their work.

Would not go near them!!!

absolute jokers, called in to liffey valley on a week day the place was totally empty, had my kitchen dimensions with me drawn on graph paper, i thought the female manager would of been glad to put down her magazine how wrong i was she checked her diary and said she was not be taking any new consultations for 3 weeks. ended up using kitchenworld great value for money