Magnet Entertainment- Any experiences

Sunny

Hi,

Moving into a new apartment and there seems to be an agreement with Magnet Entertainment to provide telephone, tv and broadband. I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with them. At first glance, they look expensive and I have already heard some dodgy things with regard to customer service.

Sunny said:
Hi,

Moving into a new apartment and there seems to be an agreement with Magnet Entertainment to provide telephone, tv and broadband. I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with them. At first glance, they look expensive and I have already heard some dodgy things with regard to customer service.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm moving to Beacon South Quarter next year. It seems a bit awkward to be stuck with one provider?
This is all the info I've been given on Magnet so far:

We've designed three great value packages covering our full spectrum of telephone, television and broadband services. So now you no longer need to expect average.

Magnet Entertainment*

Watch More : 30 digital TV and Radio Channels

Download More : 8 meg synchronous broadband with a 150 gig monthly usage allowance

Talk More : Free anytime local and national calls to landlines in Ireland.

Special introductory offer of €34 per month for 1st two months. €59 per month thereafter. Excludes line rental of €24 per month.

Magnet Entertainment Lite*

Download More : 4 meg synchronous broadband with a 100 gig monthly usage allowance

Talk More : Free anytime local and national calls to landlines in Ireland.

Special introductory offer of €28 per month for 1st two months. €38 per month thereafter. Excludes line rental of €24 per month.

Magnet Entertainment Intro*

Download More : 4 meg synchronous broadband with a 100 gig monthly usage allowance

Talk More : Per minute charging for telephone calls.

Special introductory offer of €18 per month for 1st two months. €28 per month thereafter.

For more information please visit www.magnet.ie or call 1800 624 638.

They have introduced Sky Sports and Movies now, I think.
Would also love to hear from anyone who has experience with them?

There are a number of other threads on Magnet, do a search for them and you will find what many have had to say about them. I had a bad experience with them as did many others I know, but some have posted positive things about them.

I find them to be very poor but what can you do when there is no other operator servicing your apartment block?

Back