Madame Tussauds

Sim Two

Has anybody been to Madame Tussauds in London recently?

Is it busy at this time of year - would 2 hours be enough to get around?

Is it good value for money 2 adults and 2 kids?

It is really busy at the moment being UK school holidays too as well as peak season. Unless you've got pre-booked tickets be prepared to queue for 20 mins+ to get tickets.

I think MT is overpriced these days, £77 is the best family rate on their website (online pre-booking), so nearly €100 for the 4 of you. Once in you'll probably get through in 90 mins tops. You can get better value from a river cruise or the London Eye or something like that.

To be honest, I think it is a waste of money as well. I think London has much better things to offer for alot less money

The zoo is better value pound for pound, and is really for all ages. You can do that in a few hours or take the whole day.

Thanks for the replies so far.

We have a c. 3 hour window so the Zoo wouldn't be a runner.

Would we have enough time to do the London Eye - we should be arriving in Liverpool Street by tube @ c.11 AM and need to be back in Covent Garden/Holburn tube station by c.2:00 PM.

Sim

The zoo is better value pound for pound, and is really for all ages. You can do that in a few hours or take the whole day.

We found the zoo to be absolutely dreadful and were sorry that we wasted an afternoon and our money. Dublin Zoo is much better.

Madame Tussauds was ok but not worth the money. We were there last year and it was packed.

as an adult thought it was very expensive for what it was but the kids absolutely loved it. had 3 x 12 year olds there last Nov and they still talk about it. Guess it would depend on the ages of your kids.

Thanks for the replies so far.

We have a c. 3 hour window so the Zoo wouldn't be a runner.

Would we have enough time to do the London Eye - we should be arriving in Liverpool Street by tube @ c.11 AM and need to be back in Covent Garden/Holburn tube station by c.2:00 PM.

Sim

Depends on whether it's a weekday or a weekend. Weekday then possibly you have enough time, weekend, no way unless you pay a premium for fast track tickets. We were there a couple of weeks ago and had pre-booked regular tickets. Queue to board had at least 500 people in it so we stumped up the extra for fast track and got on in 5 mins.

we just got back from MT and the queue was about 2hrs long to get in. They try to sell you express passes in the line but it saves you about 30min and not worth it. 2 adults & 2 kids age 7 & 5. We paid £52 I think to get in and that was using the Tesco half price tickets or buy 1 get 1 free. I bought a few off fleebay before we left for a few quid and they work in a lot of places over there and saved us a packet in MT and Legoland.
To be honest, I didn't think it was worth it. Queue far too long and my kids were bored most of the time. They loved Legoland but again leave early as its very busy over there.

Back