macafee or avg

johnwilliams

my subscription to macafee is about to expire. before i resubscribe, which is better macafee or avg free. what do you think is best

I would recommend neither.

I stopped using mcafee years ago and wont use avg again since a failed upgrade messed up my two laptops.

Ill be using avast in the future.

Try Kasperskys anti virus software. A brilliant product.

My McAfee just expired and I've gone with Avast instead. I had the hassle of McAfee taking the subscription from my credit card a month ago without informing me. I apparently didn't notice the uncheck box option when I signed up with them originally. When I complained they refunded my card (but slightly less than they took, due to $ strengthening I suppose). Only a couple of Euro, but enough to be annoying.

I used to use AVG until about 2 months ago when my PC & laptop got hammered with malware for the first time. Took a few days to sort out fully.
I now use AVAST and also run SuperAntiSpyware & Malware Bytes AntiMalware regularly & Comodo firewall continuously. So far so good with the above!

my subscription to macafee is about to expire. before i resubscribe, which is better macafee or avg free. what do you think is best

I don't think theres much difference between any of them tbh. But you need have three things.

1. AV
2. AntiSpyware
3. Firewall

I use AVG/Spybot, CC Cleaner, Zone Alarm. Never had any problems in years I've been putting that combination on machines. Even where the user has very poor security awareness. That said in all the tests, Kasperskys, Avast, Avira seem to score well in tests.