M50

TarfHead

Up to September 2005, I was in the occasional habit of getting an early start on Monday and using a gym in Sandyford before work.
Dublin NE - N32 - M50 - exit @ Leopardstown ==> 60 to 90 minutes.

In September it became unfeasible due to the increase in volume of traffic on the M50, especially south of the Westlink.

Yesterday, I headed from Dublin NE to Sandyford, via the Eastlink.

45 minutes.

MAD

Maybe to discuss the fact that roads which were intended to have their traffic problems allievated by the building of the M50 are actually quieter when all the traffic is on the M50? :rolleyes:

ajapale said:
I dont mean to be smart here but what is the point that you want discussed?

aj

Just Letting Off Steam ;)

and perhaps contribute to the community dimension of this board by alerting people to the point that ronan_d_john alluded to.

Now your secret is out! Just wait till others catch on to it and you'll be back at the 60-90 in no time ;)

I travel from Rathfarnham to Glasnevin every day (and back obviously). I go through town in the morning as it's 15 minutes quicker. Home around the M50.
25 minutes in and 35 minutes home. Oh, what great infrastructure we have!

Maybe its just me ,but struck me this morning as I havent heard it in a while, the traffic reports dont say traffic is backed up from/to the toll bridge any more, theyre saying lucan/coldcut/blanch or even westlink, but they seem to have stopped using the term "Toll bridge".

Back