M50 Tolls

peno

As anyone experienced problems with the tolls charged to your account in the past?

I've been billed a few times now and I know I was nowhere near the toll bridge. There is also charges for €4 instead of €2

There were some tiems I was on an earlier section of the M50 - have they changed the way they toll yet? But other times I wasn't even near any part of the M50.

Customer service was pretty unhelpful and said someone in my car must have been on it.No way the system is wrong. I requested camera print outs 3 weeks ago and frooze my account but haven't heard anything yet.

I'm about to ring up again but just what to know others people experiences before I do.

Complete mess.

What really gets me is the shops who charge that little bit extra when you are paying a Toll. Like 20c on a trip.

eFlow is brilliant. Has cut the commuting time. It's simple: get a tag. Stick it on the windscreen behind the rear view mirror and forget about the old Plaza on the bridge. The bonus is that tags can be used on all toll roads. To be fair to all commuters all entry points on the M50 should be tolled.

It's simple: get a tag. Stick it on the windscreen behind the rear view mirror and forget about the old Plaza on the bridge. The bonus is that tags can be used on all toll roads.

I do have a tag.
Unfortunately its charging me for journeys I do not make.
Not so simple!

We do have tags but unfortunately, their machines don't always read them meaning that our drivers have to reverse against oncoming traffic, change lanes to a "manned" booth and take their tag down from the windscreen for the operator to manually take down the number! Ridiculous as this sounds - imagine how difficult and dangerous it is for an articualted truck to do this! Best of luck trying to resolve any "issues" with accounts or customer services. It doesn't matter what company you are dealing with, IME they're all incompetent.

Got a bill for using toll last Sat week - I live in Westmeath and was nowhere near the M50. Couldn't get through by phone so I registered a dispute on-line and got a letter today saying they had made a mistake .... the system is not infallible and I have heard many similar stories. have you tried the on-line approach?