M50 toll fines - summons - should I risk going to court?

limelawn

Hi there,
I have 4 unpaid tolls for the M50, which, I ignored. They have now wamounted to just over €800. I've been served a summons to appear in court in October.
My question is this: Should I just shut up and pay up, or would it be worth my while getting a solicitor to appear in court on the day to see if I could get off?

If you travelled over the bridge and incurred the tolls then I don't see how you could, or why you should get off.

Shut up and pay up.

At the end of the day, you admit that you ignored them. If it was a case that they were wrongly issued fines then I'd say take them all the way. But it's not.

Nope, just pay up. You have no excuse, you did it and they will no doubt have a photo of your car going through toll bridge. If you bring case to court, you will have solicitor fees on top of everything else. I'd just pay up

Why did you ignore them?

Pay up, I dont see how you could get away with not paying and a solicitor is just going to cost you more money and time.

There is plenty of scope to challenge, finding a solicitor with the balls to do so will be the issue.

Will cost you a lot more than €800 to defend this, and you risk having the States costs awarded against you