M50 Carpark!

Chim

Luckily for me, I don't have to drive the M50 all that often and when I do it's at off-peak times. I will, however, be heading south on it this evening, coming onto it at the N3.

So, to all the experienced M50 carparkers out there, can you help me? I want to hit a sweet spot, travelling as early as possible but with as little pain as possible! So, what's Ireland's most famous carpark like at, say, 6pm; 6:30pm; 7pm; 7:30pm?

if i was you dont go there before 7pm at the earliest. It crawls badly from about 4 till after 7. Best bet 7:30 to be honest

N3 is the Red Cow yes? If thats the case, once you've negotiated it (nightmare) then its plain sailing heading south. I was on it yesterday and every wednesday about 5.30pm and its always handy going south. Northbound is always always bumper to bumper. More often than not, its handy southbound.

Unfortunately for me, the N3 is at exit 6, north of the toll plaza. The Red Cow is at exit 7 (I think?), south of the toll plaza for sure anyway.

But once I get through the Red Cow it should be plain sailing? Fingers crossed!

N3 is Blanch and as mentioned above, try to avoid before 7. Even after that it took us 40 mins last Friday at 7.30pm to get from Blanch to the Lucan exit!

Where are you coming from, going to? If I have to go from the N3 to N7 i normally take back roads, you could go dunboyne --> maynooth --> kill/straffan. there's loads of ways around?

Road works north & south of toll plaza so you can get caught in traffic any time now!

I was going from Navan to Blackrock. Most times up to the big smoke I travel the N2 (so avoid the yucky Navan traffic all together) but last week I wanted to minimise my time on the M50 so that's why I went the N3. In the end I left home at 7:15pm and was in Blackrock for 8:30pm. Thanks for all the advice everyone, much appreciated!

But my goodness, I was wrong about the M50 - it's not a carpark, it's an obstacle course!!!