M50 at 8am

remey

Hi all,

Can anyone give me an indication of how long on average it might take me to get from airport to Tallaght exit at 8am tomorrow morning? Is it crazy at that time or have the new impovements made a big difference?

Thanks

I'd give it an hour at the very least.....I often enter at the Finglas onramp and there ALWAYS seems to be a queue to get from there to the toll. Having said that I don't use it every morning...

Have to say I got from the airport to the Red Cow in 30 minutes at 6pm 2 weeks ago at my ease, the improvements have definatly made an issue once you are past the toll bridge, but it is slower coming up to the toll bridge due to the works

An hour will get you more or less there, but bear in mind, Tallaght can be busy

Beware there is huge difference going southbound at 8am and 6pm. With the roadworks and road widening from Tallaght/Firhouse to Sandyford, the traffic is absolutely appalling southbound in the mornings. Thankfully I pass over it rather than have to suffer. However looking down this morning, it was dreadful...

I pass over the tallaght flyover every morning and its always shocking but was hoping it may just look worse than it actually is....

Have to do drop off in Templeogue and then drive into town for 10.15 at the very latest.
Am I pushing it?

I cross over the M50 at Blanchardstown and its usually looks bad from 7 to about 9am. Since the changes I'd say its lighter once past Blanchardstown (looking from above on the bridge) southwards, but far far heavier northwards in both direction.

Incidentally on a Sunday I recently managed to get from Blanchardstown to parked on Bray seafront in 35 mins. The 3 lanes seem to make a difference. No traffic on a Sunday lunchtime though.