M50 5.30am to 6.00am Fridays what is it like? Flying in from US

Jane

M50 5.30am to 6.00am Fridays what is it like to travel on?

We're flying to New York at 10.30am this Friday morning & just want to know, from those of you that travel the M50 regularly, what's it like at 5.30am to 6.00am on Friday morning? We're aiming to leave at about 5.30am, but if we're not on the road till 6.00am, will we run into trouble?

Thanks

Re: M50 5.30am to 6.00am Fridays what is it

I wouldn't have thought so-that's early.

ccovich, that's what I'm thinking. However, I've never travelled on it at this time & just want to be really sure !!

ccovich, that's what I'm thinking. However, I've never travelled on it at this time & just want to be really sure !!

you will be there in loads of time.

How about take the extra 2 hrs in bed and take the tunnel. Worth it to save sitting about the airport for an extra 2 hrs!

Thanks Monkeyboy,

I should have mentioned though that we are coming from Wicklow.

At that hour, it'd probably be quicker coming through town (though depends on where you're coming from I guess), as it's probably more direct.

Either way, you'll fly along at that hour. Traffic doesn't really start building till after 6:30 or so on the M50 itself.

My folks live in wicklow town and from there, after 8 on a weekday or w/e, ill get to my place in 50mins which is 5 mins form airport.

Leaving at 5.30AM you will be parked and drinking a coffee in the aoirport by 7!

Hey all,

Thanks for the replies.

We're coming from Wicklow Town, so in fact the M50 is the most direct route. Like you Monkeyboy I've done it in that time after certain hours or on a Sunday. I was just making sure that I was on the road before all the madness starts, so I'm deducing from what you've all said that after 6.30am is a no no !! I'll compromise & aim to be on the road for 5.45am !!

Thanks again. J

I do go the M50 every morning at that time there will be nothing on it so i'd say go on it

Back