Lyrath Estate Hotel Co. Kilkenny

MPH

Has anyone held/attended a wedding reception here? Looking for a venue at the moment and it is on our shortlist. I would appreciate your opinions/views/experiences good, bad or indifferent. Thanks.

Hi,

I spoke to a few friends who attended a wedding there last Friday(6th). They absolutely raved about it from food to atmosphere and service.

Hi there
Lyrath is not open long enough to be able to give serious comment. However I reckon that it is going to be a serious competitor to other hotels in the region. Their sister hotel - The Rivercourt - is of an incredibly high standard; and their staff are well used to catering for weddings. Hubby and I were going to use Lyrath; but we were afraid their published opening date might not materialise... as it turned out - it didn't.
We were at a show in the convention centre fairly recently and the place is aaammmmmaaazing!
Don't think you'd have any worries with the place. Keep it on your shortlist!
Ruth

There are some great special offers there at the moment that will not remain for long. The prices are currently, pitched at, say, 3 star prices when the Hotel is really 4/5 Star, so the prices are quite attractive for the moment as introductory offers.
We are going in May for a weekend, so can't wait.

Thank you all for the replies. Visited it on Monday. Very impressed. Beautiful rooms, lovely restuarant and great service. Function room also very impressive. Waiting on them to get back to us re availability.