Lynch Hotels - Ryanair Style

B

Brian

Lynch Hotels - proclaimed Ryanair of the Irish hotel industry as heard on morning Ireland.

How will hotels come up with a €2.99 offer.

Here is my guess.

Room Only Rate €2.99**

small print
**rate does not include following charges:
Overnight car parking €10.00
Bed €10.00
Sheets €15 each
Pillow €10 ech
Breakfast €15 ech
Bathroom facilities €25
Soaps etc €5
Curtains / Blinds €10.
Pictures on wall €2 ech
TV €20
Use of electricity meter €10
Light bulbs €2 ech.
Air conditioning / heating €20
Room cleaning (after last person) €30
Visa handling charge €4

hotel

If Lynch hotels are anything like Ryanair not only would I never stay in one, I hope one never comes to my town.

They should be lynched.

I remember Lynch Hotels having a special offer of €9.99 advertised except when you read the small print it was €9.99 per person based on 4 people sharing a room and your breakfast was extra on top of this. I was heading down to Co.Clare at the time and ended up staying in Fitzpatricks Bunratty. Great deal and no confusing or misleading adverts.

lynch hotels

Sorry chaps, But I have stayed with Lynch hotels one 3 occasions. once at the West County in Ennis. OK and nice leisure centre. Once at the Galway Bay in Oranmore and again nice hotel, no leisure centre and a wee bit out of the city. And once at the Breaffy House in Castlebar. Fine Hotel, very good leisure centre and really really friendly staff. And the most I have paid for anyone of these breaks? €160 for two people, for two nights bed and breakfast and one evening meal. I did book the Breaffy hotel again for February this year, was unable to go, emailed them in advance and they emailed a reply stating that my deposit ( actually full cost) was ok to use again and just to quote ref xxxx when booking. This break cost €180 again for two nights b+b and one evening meal. €90 per person which is great value in my opinion.

lynch hotels

> Dear Room - €191.00!

Based on the figures that Brian has plucked from the air but not necessarily on reality!

Dear Room

Well hang on.

I've seen hotels advertise room only rates. Parking extra. And room only rates based on single occupancy second person pays extra!!

If Ryanair are thinking about charging extra for luggage then it would be legitimate for them to advertise a low fare with extra add ons. So why can't hotels do the same?

BTW Ryanair should charge persons with excess blubber extra.

Back