lump sum investment options?

M

mike19

Hi all,

will try and keep this as short as possible, basically i suffered a serious accident a few yrs back which has left me wheelchair bound. Im degree qualified in the IS sector, but unlikely to be able to work full-time again.

A few mths ago, I received compensation and I currently have €480,000 sitting in a trust fund at BOI at 3.2%.

I'm wondering what my best options are long-term. I'm in receipt of disability benefit, which I obviously want to hold to. But I also need to start earning a ROI, so am considering property in Dublin (a 2-bed near city centre for approx €150,000, should earn approx 8k/pa).

I've been offered a rate of 4% by BOI (1yr fixed with no withdrawals), which I'm thinking of putting a sizeable chunk in. Any recommendations as to what else I could do, would be really appreciated. Should I be able claim back DIRT on any investments? If I lodged it outside of a trust fund, will this affect my DIRT payable?

Also, I would like to talk with an independent financial advisor in the Cork area, if anyone has any recommendations.

Tks in advance.

Back