Luke Flanagan (MING),salary

+1

If Pee Flynn found it hard to maintain 3 households on IEP 100K a year .. !

What I didn't realise until I heard it on the radio on Friday evening is that all the independent TDs are also entitled to a leaders allowance of €41k pa. Only 1 of them, (guy in Waterford) has said he isn't taking it, the rest were all uncontactable (Shane Ross being one of them), hadn't made their mind up (Ming was one of these) or were going to use the money for research.

Just heard him on the radio. He come accross well.
He said the 46K is more than he ever earned in his life and is happy to take it. He is putting the remainder into recreational facilities in his locality.

Talk about parish pump politics. This guy is proud of the fact that he is going to invest half his salary in getting re-elected - isnt this just buying votes?

" He is putting the remainder into recreational facilities in his locality. "

Mmmm I wonder what exactly these recreational facilities are ?
Do they involve a little bit of home gardening ?

Did anyone see the Naked Election on RTE last night? Great line by Ming after he heard the first count. "Tonight I'll be smokin a joint with the backing of the constituency...." Class line!

To be fair to the guy, I think it is easy to judge him as some sort of fool because of the way he looks and his views on drugs but I have to say, he actually comes across well in interviews. It's not his fault that the system is set up for parish pump politics.

Isn't it great to have Shane in there to expose all that public sector waste he keeps writing about.