Luke Flanagan (MING),salary

I doubt he'll stay up there, Roscommon is less than 2 hours from Dublin and he has a young family. He'll claim his travel alright.

€46,000 a year to put up with the whinging from the Irish people about their medical cards, turf cutting allocation, council houses etc. He's welcome to it.

So he's going to keep whereever he lives in Roscommon, rent or buy a place to stay in Dublin and do all that on €46k a year (before tax and USC), full marks to him if he can afford to do that.

+1

If Pee Flynn found it hard to maintain 3 households on IEP 100K a year .. !

Quite impressed with Ming. Honest, Reasonable and talks a lot of sense.not your usual independent -not a Healy R.

Quite impressed with Ming. Honest, Reasonable and talks a lot of sense.not your usual independent -not a Healy R.

true, I don't recall Healy R going live on national radio almost begging Bertie or Brian C to give him a call to do a deal, like Ming was doing earlier in the week.

If one gives away half ones income to charity, does one still pay tax on the entire amount? Or are there different rules for our politicians (*genuflects*)?

I read the other day that the Shinners take just the average industrial wage. The rest goes into party funds so there's no saving to the State.

I don't think thay can do that, as there is a limit on the amount that an individual can donate to a political party in a 12 month period, think it's €6K.

I just heard him say that he will not take the full 92k salary offered,and will in fact just take 50% of it.
It is my understanding that he will take the salary and use half of it to fund local projects.

Essentially, he is taking the full salary - to which he is entitled. It's his money and he can do whatever he wishes with it.

But, why do we need to know what he does with it? Why does he think we might be interested in his charitable donations?

I'm more interested in what he can do to resolve our economic mess.

Marion

I won't be holding my breath. But, he might turn out to have unforseen talents. I won't judge him too harshly - at the moment. I really don't know much about him.

Marion

He mightn't last too long the way he is going.

[broken link removed]

I guess technically, he could be arrested now - couldn't he?

If he, or any TD, were to be convicted of a criminal offence, would they have to resign their seat ?

He mightn't last too long the way he is going.

[broken link removed]

I guess technically, he could be arrested now - couldn't he?

Might work in his favour. He'd probably top the poll in any future election in protest at how the Dublin-based establishment is raggin on "one-of-our own". Worked for Lowry.

I hope that Ho Chi Ming does not pass around his joints in the Dail . Otherwise , they might be a love -in and Joan B. might lose the run of herself

If Ming, Joe Higgins or anyone else takes the full shilling but only "claims" half of it or whatever they say they are claiming, then they are still taking the full salary, end of. Anything they do after that is a lifestyle choice which I'm not all that intrested in to be honest. We all give charitable donations from out salaries to fund local projects and help out in our community. We don't all go to the newspaper to say we are taking only 90% of our salary and will give the rest to local causes.

M

Burning the bogs is really talking a lot of sense??

He is a complete fool

BnaM digs up more turf in a week than the ordinary person who saves turf would use in the year. If the only turf being taken from our bogs was cut and saved by the same people who burned it, we'd not have any issue as the amounts would be tiny

Thats a really good point..