Luggage delay compensation

Perplexed

I'm looking for the best way to handle this situation. At the moment am very tempted to contact Gerry Ryan or some other show & make the situation very public.

On holiday last Oct Iberia airlines mislaid my luggage. To complicate matters I was on a tour which meant I was one night in Madrid, leaving early next morning for Salamanca then on to Lisbon etc

I did impress on the girl on the desk on the first night that I was only 1 night in Madrid & off early next morning etc

They kept delivering my luggage to hotels I had left.

Anyway to cut a long story short for 14 days of a 17 day holiday I had to make do without my own things. I had to buy underwear & some basic clothes to keep me going. On the phone to Iberia at the time they told me I had an allowance of €57 per day.

I am only attemting to claim for 7 days ( I was advised not to get my bag sent to Morocco as I would prob never see it again ) as in this time span they had finally gotten it to a pick up hotel where my Tour Director arranged collection & transportation to the next Spanish hotel where we would stay on return from Morocco.

After 2 letters & sending off receipts Iberia refuse to refund me, saying they regret the inconvenience but they do not feel I'm due any monetary compensation.

I just cannot believe this & I've told them so.

What can I do to get satisfaction ? Have I any rights here ?
I think the treatment I'm getting is totally disgusting.
Did anyone else have similar problems & how did you resolve them .....
All suggestions welcome

Back