Lucan to Naas

Banking2006

A friend has told me she has just been offered a job in Naas. I'm sure it'll beat her current commute from Lucan to City Centre which she does at present.

Anyone any tips or idea of time from Lucan (near Ballyowen Shopping Centre) to Naas?

Head for Newcastle, from there to Rathcoole and onto the N7 there. Straight run to Naas then.

Is the Ballyowen Shopping Centre where Superquinn is? If so then I'd imagine that 20-30 minutes would be about the expected travel time.

Friend of mine regularly does Finnstown (besisde Superquinn) to Naas, (Millenium Park) in 20 - 25 minutes...this should improve once dual carriageway roadworks finish before Ryder Cup.

Millenium Park is situated right beside the M7 - it is supposed to be getting its own access from the M7 - for now you exit at Naas and then hang a right for Sallins and you can't miss it.

From Ballyowen shopping centre drive through estates towards Hayden's lane then drive down towards Newcastle on the Adamstown/Newcastle road turning left at Pollyhops onto the new Nangor road, go straight through all roundabouts until you get to big junction with lights and turn right at lights. Follow signs for N7 south - from there to Naas it should take about 15 mins, all the traffic is around Superquinn and Pollyhops, both can be unpredictable in the Winter, fine in Summer.
Journey time in the summer to Naas 40 mins
Winter journey time min. 1 hour (all taffic on Adamstown road). To avoid Adamstown road go towards celbridge, turn left for Hazelhatch train station and out the back of Newcastle (from Lucan village this way is better but not sure it would be worth it from Ballyown SC).

Soon, outer ring road will be complete. It is a high capacity road linking the n4 with the n7 at newcastle. Expected journey time would be around 5-10 mins with no traffic. Travel time during peak hours will be dependant on how sucessfull this road becomes with commuters and heavy lorries.

When is this due to be completed?

WhatsGoingOn said:
When is this due to be completed?

was wondering the same thing - that would be some going to get from Newcastle junction to Naas in 5-10 mins!!!

At the moment from Rathcoole to Naas is at least 10 -15 mins in zero traffic and not adhering to the 60km speed limit and I didnt realise that this was going to be improved upon!

Sorry if my last post confused. I was meant to convey that it would take 5-10 mins to traverse the outer ring road, not to get to naas.

It looks like the road from Penny hill down towards foxbrough will be completed soon. I'm pretty sure the other road is complete and is ready to be linked up. The deliver it right campagin held up the section in around the estates. There were also delays when they wanted to chop down the trees. The road is needed, but nobody wants them near their properties.

You'd be better off heading straight out the Celbridge road from Lucan village, through Celbridge, Clane and Sallins - straight into Naas (passing Millenium Park on your right hand side immediately after crossing over the Naas by-pass). It shouldn't take more than about 20-25 mins - there are no traffic lights apart from one set of pedestrian ones in Sallins...

I'd certainly prefer it to going onto the N7, especially via Newcastle/Polly Hops etc.