Lucan - Esker Meadow Pricing

newyork

Have come across a 3 bed house in Esker Meadow estate in Lucan advertised for 395k on the web, does anybody know if this is a realistic price should I expect the final price to be about 40K more. any experiences anybody in this estate.

Ta.

When we were looking in lucan, not esker meadow but near there, we got caught in a few bidding wars and te price was going upwards of 50 grand more than the asking price. if you can, look for guide prices which are lower than you rbudget,as when you are bidding it is easy to get caught up and go over what you can afford. In the end we got a house that went 20 grand over, but i think we were just lucky with that one!!

I've had a similar experience to Lucylou since Christmas. I've been adding 30-50K to any advertised price in Lucan. I would guesstimate that those Esker Meadow houses go for around 430k. Just gone sale agreed on a house that went for 45k above the asking price.

Around jan, I had my house (very near esker) up for 375k, it went sale agreed for 410k two weeks later.

Oh My God,
I sold my house in Lucan (not far from Esker Meadows) 3 bed semi in October just gone for 320K.
Thats nearly 100k in 8 months
Esker Meadows looks a nice place to live. Was going to buy there myself. Don't know anyone living there though.

Freckles, where abouts did you sell? We bought in Griffeen Glen for 352 in Oct. Sounds like you got a low price...

Our house in lucan, we put a deposit down in oct gone, got it at 351 grand, there has been delays so still havent moved in....Meanwhile teh prices are jumping, one around the corner, exactly the same sold for 420 last week.....:D

Sold in Moy Glas. Sale went through in September but as far as I remember prices were fairly static then. No point crying now though.
Wouldn't have the house we have now if hadn't moved then.
I was sad to leave though. Lovely area.

I think Adamstown is one of the causes of the significant jump in house prices in Lucan.

I see asking prices for Finnstown Abbey are about €385,000 but my neighbour apposite us sold her house for €425 3 weeks ago.

So yes you probably would need to be budgeting an extra €40k above the asking prices.

Freckles, I probably looked at your house, but shocked I didn't make an offer if that was the price!!! :)

Glad you're happy now.

Have been looking around the Lucan area recently myself. Any opinions on Silveryberry in Finnstown? Seems like an OK area during the day, but lots of cars around at night. I presume there are lots of rentals in the area.
Any advice?

MollieK,

Friends of mine lived on that road but moved back to their home county. They now regret it!. Finnstown Abbey is the better of the 3 phases of Finnstown(the others being Priory and Cloisters) There are plenty of renters and Health borad tenants in the area particularly in the Cloisters(the developer retained a large number of them and now leases them to the health board)

Finnstown Abbey or at least my road has 2 rented houses on a street of about 20 or so. But I don't know the proportation on Silverberry. I do know a few of the residents on the road(through my friends) and they are nice people.

I have noticed that nearly all of the houses sold close to me have been bought by onwer/occupiers rather than investors. Most of the houses rented would be by people who bought 10 years ago and where able to move on without selling their first house.

I would say the man reason that most people move out of the estate is due to growing families and lack of space.

The area is great, you are within walking distance of Superquinn shooping centre, primary and secondary schools(opposite Superquinn. There is a floodlit running track right beside the estate. Griiffen Park is also close by. The village is a 15/20 minute walk. The new train station at Adamstown will be a ten minute or less of a walk.

I have to say I am very happy living in Finnstown Abbey, I've lived here for the past 10 years.

Back