Lucan Commute (2009)

baloon

I'd like a few up to date opinions and info on the commute from Lucan Village into City Centre. By whatever means available really! (bus/train/car/cycle)

I know it has been discussed elsewhere, but most of the posts are from 2006/2007 and they talk of future roadworks and changes which I'm sure now have become reality.

it is approx 40mins by bus from the village to pearse street and 1 hour by car. I usually leave my house at 7.50am and travel 3 days by bus and 2 by car. There is no train and I can't comment re cycling.

The n4 is slower than it used to be at the moment because the upgrade to 3 lanes is still in progress. Hopefully it will speed up when it is complete.

You can get from the village to Heuston in 25 easy mins by bike along the strawberry beds.

Your accurate about the commute into the city center in the am, apr 40 - 50 min bus or 1 hour drive. Half hour on the bus in the summer when the kids are off. Going home is sometimes a different story. From the quays on a Friday or if its raining and your leaving town at 5ish can take up to or over 1 and half hours.