LUAS: Proposed Sandyford - Cherrywood extension

biggerry

Does anybody know where I can find out more about the proposed Sandyford to Cherrywood LUAS extension?

Was looking into this myself recently and the best I could do is a search of the net (google and Irish Times archives).

From what I have heard a group of private investors (with a vested interest i.e. property and businesses along the proposed extension), have raised quite a bit of funding for the extension. They are now looking to finalise a deal with the government to pay for the rest of it. Therefore this has to go through government procedures which could take sometime.

Who knows what will happen. Look how long the original LUAS took to get going. And the government may have other transport policies which take precedence...

This sounds like the Metro to the aiport and Swords.
It may happen, but will take years.
I would suspect that the Metro will be first though, so dont expect anything til you see the Metro to Swords happen.

I wouldnt be so sure about that - at the moment the Metro will have to be 100% financed by public money (at the moment). The propsed LUAS extenstion has already raised a signifiacnt amount of private money meaning the government will have to contribute a lot less public money to get the extenstion complete.

Although I do agree, it will still take more than a few years to get either up and running.

Yeah - we can't even post links to webpages properly!
Finfacts Ireland 404 Error Page

Ooops... The page you've requested is not found or is outdated. Please click for the Finfacts Homepage where you may find a route to the information you may be seeking and also our Site Guide

Clubman,

Apologies for that. This site doesn't permit Copy/Paste of links within Firefox, for some odd reason. So, I typed it in. The details are correct. Don't know why it didn't link.

In future I'll use IE when on this site. Promise! ;-)

D.

D, you had a slash after 'article' that shouldn't have been there.
Just a typo, easily done.

-Rd

D, you had a slash after 'article' that shouldn't have been there.
Just a typo, easily done.

-Rd

Oops! Sorry about that. Still a pity I can't copy/paste in Firefox though. But, this is very off topic, so I'll shut up now.

D.

Back