Ltd Co working in Belgium

flid

hello all,
I am a ltd company. I have been offered a contract in Belgium until Dec 12. From a tax point of view am I better to continue as an irish ltd company while working there, dont plan on visiting ireland during the year (less than 30 days), or should I become a resident company in Belgium.

I trust you mean 2012

I would check the set up and reporting requirements/costs/languages for Belgium..
Ireland has one of the best ongoing Ltd company structures in EU

For example in Spain a Ltd Co needs quarterly reporting, in Spanish

Well first off you are not a company, there will be two of you going along, you plus the company! That means that if the company employs you in Belgium for more that 90 days it will have to start complying with Belgium labor laws for a start, now doubt that will also lead to local requirements for the company since it will be earning the major part of it's income there during that period and so on. Bottom line, a lot of read tape, lost time and not doubt professional fees!

In the end operating via an umbrella company in Belgium will probable work out to be the easiest solution. Check any of the contractor type sites, I'm sure they will be able to come up with recommendations for you.

Jim (Switzerland)

Thanks for your comments.
Any advice from the tax point of view? Non residency, paying tax in belgium as opposed to here?

Thanks.