LPT & Property Tax

Applecart

I bought a newly built house in 2016 which is my principle private residence. Just wondering when am I likely to have to start to pay LPT on it? I understand there is an exemption until ?2019

Sorry Blackrock do you mean the government has to enact something by nov of this year in order to have payments begin in 2019 on new homes? Issue is valuation of homes. Current LPT I understand is based on valuations from years ago, so how do you value recently built homes?

no, its self assessed, you will need to self assess by the end of November for next year:

[broken link removed]

there shouldn't be any issue valuing your new home, you have only relatively recently paid a market price for it so in the absence of any better info thats your valuation.

Yes but its based on ?2012 valuations is it not / (can't remember exact year LPT was introduced)
So how do I know what my house was worth hypothetically in ?2012 when it was'nt built?

Yes but its based on ?2012 valuations is it not / (can't remember exact year LPT was introduced)
So how do I know what my house was worth hypothetically in ?2012 when it was'nt built?

based on declaration from 2013, but new homes you will be asked to make your initial declaration based on todays date

Back