LPT / Demolition / New Build

Nutso

Hi All,

We bought a property last year which we intended to renovate, but after advice from professionals now have an application in to demolish and rebuild.

The LPT for 2015 was paid by us to the seller before closing as they had already made the outlay. We will be the owners on 01/11/2015 however, the house will likely be demolished (currently pending PP) early in the new year and a new build will commence. Is LPT still due on the old property for 2016?

Thanks,
Nutso

I may check and see if it would be covered under non-habitable properties as it is not currently in a habitable state.

Just to update. The property was demolished in Jan-16 and I applied to LPT for exemption for this year. The house was stripped in Jan-15, so there were no internal walls remaining / windows missing, it had no insulation, floor covering etc, and although it still had power connected to the property, it didn't have power to the individual rooms. I sent the information to the LPT providing supporting photos and proof of demolition and was granted an exemption until the property is rebuilt.

Back