Lower Gross Pay-not sure why

guideanna

Just reviewing my tax forms on revenue website and see that my gross pay from my employer for 2019 was over 1k lower than 2017 (was on maternity leave 2018 during that year)

My understanding is gross is before ANY deductions?

I wasn't off sick any length of time, didn't receive any large bonuses in '17, wasn't made aware of any paycuts etc.
I did underpay tax in 2017 but this wouldn't effect my Gross pay, or would it?

Just wanted to see if anyone could shed some light before i approach my employer about it as he immediately goes on the defensive (i don't even get pay slips unless i hound him for them) so if possible i want all my facts straight first.

Thanks in advance.

Is it gross pay or taxable pay ? BIK in 2017 maybe ? Did you start paying into pension in 2019 ? Then you're 2019 taxable pay would be lower.

Ok, so my employer came back to me and said it looks like he overpaid me in 2017, based on my "hourly rate".
I orig. started working in this company 10years ago....i was working 5
full days and was on a salary as agreed at my time of time of employment.
A few years in i was put on a 3day week, no money was evert mentioned so i would have been (i thought) been getting paid 3/5's of my orig gross pay.
NEVER was an hourly rate mentioned to me.
I have no contract with this company, it's a small run business, run by 2 guys and there are only 2 other employees.

How do i approach this? Do i have any rights here?

Looking for some help on this issue, as above, my employer underpaid me in 2019 (and actually a small amout in 2018 also).
So the amount was 1000 lets say for 2018 on my GROSS pay, employeer has given me back pay which amounted to just shy of 400, however, i still don't have payslips (i'm blue in the face requesting these!!) so do i contact revenue now or does my employer need to as i'd like to check if i'm owed tax back or owe more tax.

Back