Low flying helicopters

Capaill

Folks

Over the recent months there has been a sharp increase in the number of helicopters flying over our housing estate (Dublin 15). This ranges from early in the morning until late at night and can be quite noisy.

Anyone know where I can start regarding complaining about the above?

Thanks

C

Just read in todays Independent that the number of helicopters in Ireland has doubled over the last few years... that might explain why. The article is accompanied by a rather odd picture of Denis O Brien holding a copy of the financial times... upside down.

Capaill said:
Folks

Over the recent months there has been a sharp increase in the number of helicopters flying over our housing estate (Dublin 15). This ranges from early in the morning until late at night and can be quite noisy.

Anyone know where I can start regarding complaining about the above?

Thanks

C

Not sure where D15 is, apart from DNS of course, but do these choppers have a big searchlight with loudspeakers saying "freeze" etc. etc. :) If so contact the gardai to complain.

Seriously though, it is a problem in rural areas as well, the South Armagh farmers were always suing the brits for scaring the sheep into fences with helicopters. Seems you no longer need to be a drug lord to have your own chopper, like the idea myself but dont see it happening.

I too live in D15 and can say that most of the time recently they have not been the Garda helicopter. I reckon our proximity to Luttrellstown Golf Club among others in the peak wedding season too might have something to do with it.
You can tell the Garda helicopter from what Betsy says above plus the fact that they're usually the ones hovering in a really impressive manner over a particular spot.

Most of the problems are not caused by the Garda helicopter which seems to spend a lot of time over the M50.

My main gripe is with other helicopters which may be as Round Tuit be as a result of Luttrelstown Castle and perhaps the new Castleknock golf and Country club hotel.

We have two young kids who are often woken up by low flying helicopters.

C

The Irish Aviation Authority. Ring the control tower in Dublin Airport.
Tell them you want to file a complaint about aircraft activity.

I live in Naas and have noticed the same thing and was about to post on this topic! Am originally from a large town in the north and am begining to think I'm at home again with all the helos flying about. In my case, I'd say it is to do with the various golf clubs and race courses roundabout, but then why does the flight path have to be directly over our homes, with these richos disturbing our peace and quiet? The aviation authority it is then.....

As an aside, apparently the old Limo to your wedding isn't good enough anymore, it now has to a helicopter. Soon it'll be a helicopter for the first communion....

Back