Loughlinstown roundabout to Dublin Airport.

demoivre

I need to be at the airport this Friday morning for an 8.50am check - in. I'll be coming from the sticks in Wexford up the N11 and intend heading out the M50 just before the Loughlinstown roundabout and over the West link - how long should I give myself to make the Airport from the turnoff for the M50? I have done this journey several times but never at rush hour on a Friday morning.

I assume you need to check in 1 1/2 to 2 hours beforehand?
If so you won't be too bad (ish).
Before 6.30am you can get from the Leopardstown roundabout to the Airport in approx 45 minutes.
As you'll need to be there about 7am, you should be okay timewise.
Allow 45mins/1 hour from Loughlinstown provided you're starting there about 6am.
After 7am the traffic is building up.

okidoki987 said:
I assume you need to check in 1 1/2 to 2 hours beforehand?
If so you won't be too bad (ish).
Before 6.30am you can get from the Leopardstown roundabout to the Airport in approx 45 minutes.
As you'll need to be there about 7am, you should be okay timewise.
Allow 45mins/1 hour from Loughlinstown provided you're starting there about 6am.
After 7am the traffic is building up.

Flight is at 10.50 am , I'm checking in at 8.50 am but as I said above I have done this trip many times before but never at rush hour.

You will need to be at Loughlinstown by 6-45 to allow time for parking when you get there.

p.s. Bewleys charge for leaving your car there now... they've got cute in recent times!!

demoivre said:
I need to be at the airport this Friday morning for an 8.50am check - in. I'll be coming from the sticks in Wexford up the N11 and intend heading out the M50 just before the Loughlinstown roundabout and over the West link - how long should I give myself to make the Airport from the turnoff for the M50? I have done this journey several times but never at rush hour on a Friday morning.

Meant to report back earlier for the benefit of anyone else doing this trip - reached the M50 intersection at 6.40am and was parked in the AerRianta lonterm car park at 7.15 am having found the Quickpark one full :(. Though I was way early for check in the rate at which traffic was building would suggest that had I been 15 or 20 minutes later hitting the M50 would have added very substantially to my remaining travel time to the airport and I wouldn't recommend putting oneself under that kind of pressure.

On the mention of Quickpark! It's a joke! We checked online to book a place..website says no bookings possible online, arrive on the day and chance your luck.

We arrived on the day and were told Quickpark was booked out three months in advance.!!!! Why couldn't they put that on the website!!!!

:mad:

Back