Loughlinstown, Co. Dublin

Bazoo

Can anyone give me any feedback on this area? I've searched the fora and there've been no discussions on it before. Any info most appreciated.

The poor relation to nearby Cabinteely and Killiney. Close connection to M50 and N11. Luas is supposed to be coming to Cherrywood a.k.a. Loughlinstown. You'll see lots of apartments advertised as being in Cabinteely when they're really in Loughlinstown. It does have plenty of unattractive housing off the Wyattville road which seems finally to be being redeveloped. The area has been neglected for years IMO. It has nice views of Killiney hill and the Wicklow mountains. The DART is a bit too far away to walk to. It has a general hospital and may be getting a Dundrumesque shopping centre to serve the south eastern part of Dublin.

Area is on the up.

Thanks Generalzod. I kind of had that impression alright. Might explain why some of the houses advertised for sale are priced so 'reasonably'. One ad I've read since posting originally mentions Ballybrack which I have heard is a pretty rough area. Are they pretty much one and the same?

Ballybrack is to the coastal side between Shankill and Killiney. I can't tell where one starts the other one stops.
The northern bit of Ballybrack often masquerades as Killiney but the reasonable prices tell another story.
I'd buy in that area in the southern approach to Killiney DART station. Shankill is much improved but I'd want to stay away from the bit just to the north of it. I often marvel at the proximity of them all.

We bought in Ballybrack just before Christmas, the part near the Tesco. I was a little apprehnsive at first as I grew up not to far away and knew Ballybrack's reputation as being a bit rough.

Since we moved in we haven't had a single problem. Our neighbours are lovely, our estate is quiet and the general area is fine. You do get groups of teenagers congregating in the Tesco carpark at weekends, hassling the security guards, but it's fairly harmless.

The part of Ballybrack behined Ridge Hall is not quite as nice though and it is this part that joins onto Loughlinstown. But it is definitely an area on the up and worth considering.

Hi there,
I lived in Ballybrack for 5 years and had thought same originally bit rough etc but all yobs that used to be there are now grown up ( I should know I ended up marrying one lad who is fomr there!!) , respectable area and so handy for M50 and shops etc. Moved not too far away now but would recommend area for handiness to beach etc 10 minutes, DART bus on your doorstep, acess to shops, scholls etc. I think it will really be worth looking into it more, Louchlinstown is still a little rough but same will happen over time. Prices are good there too.
HTH

If you meant Cherrywood rather than Loughlinstown then you will be just off the M50 and soon (2010) to have the Luas. I see Bank of Scotland are moving their HQ to Cherrywood. An up and coming area. Still a lot of development to go though.

If you meant Cherrywood rather than Loughlinstown then you will be just off the M50 and soon (2010) to have the Luas. I see Bank of Scotland are moving their HQ to Cherrywood. An up and coming area. Still a lot of development to go though.

I'm living in a house in Cherrywood at the minute and everything is great. Luas has been confirmed for 2010, N11 and M50 on doorstep, Killiney, Dalkey, Cabinteely, Cornelscourt, Bray, Foxrock, Blackrock, Stillorgan, Dundrum all just a few minutes drive......