lough rynn castle, mohill

T

the hen

hi i am thinking of having my wedding reception in lough rynn castle in 2010 and wondering has anyone had any dealings with the hotel or had/attended a wedding there. any advise appreciated

I attended a wedding there June 2008. I was very impressed with the food, service of food, service of drink etc. esp given that there was about 300 at the wedding. I am big on customer service and stuff like that so can be quite critical about such stuff. I often wonder if the wedding party realise how ok the food or service is, given the amounts they have spent on the day.

I didn't wonder this at Lough Rynn. I have no connection, other than my dad could give us the history of the place as he had gone to school on the grounds there back in the late 40's. He was at the wedding! Grounds are superb by the way.

ya its the private gardens that swinging it for me as the grounds are perfect for pictures. thats good news to hear about the service standards as i myself am a stickler on it

A fine place all right, but we spent a weekend there over the 'summer' and the place was badly let down by some of the service. The food, grounds and hotel were all superb (except for the noisiest bed I've ever slept in, which was particularly problematic with a 6 month old in the same room). Breakfast service was a joke: people waiting 15-10 minutes at the door in a not very busy room and then handed a menu and told to find themselves a table, where further waiting was ahead of them, one waitress asking to take the toast from on guest before he finished and another waitress stormed off in a huff when we had the temerity to ask for a high chair. Add to this that the cot we requested was given to us with sheets that obviously smelled of baby vomit. A fine establishment let down by poor service. I e-mailed the management after leaving and they didn't have the manners to so much as acknowledge the mail so I wouldn't expect the staff to be much better. I don't recommend the place.

I too was at a wedding there last summer, couldn't fault the place I thought it was a fabulous set up. The setting is stunning and the food and service were excellent.

Back