Lotto Draws should not Roll Over . . .

NorthDrum

Started chatting to a Tescos teller when getting my lotto.

I reckon that there should be no rollovers in the lotto (or at least no more then 1 rollover). That way more people would share in the wins. Should go to 5+1, then 5 numbers etc, until there is a winner.

Particularly in current climate it would be great to see more people benefit from such windfalls . . Some weeks you might have 10+ people winning 100k or so, how is that a bad thing . .

Ive no vested interest in Tescos other then its my local shop, I do get tesco club points though

I wonder how many people, who buy lotto tickets occasionally when the jackpot's big (like myself!), would buy a lotto ticket if the jackpot never exceeded 2 million (assuming no rollovers, it would be about 3 million with one rollover).

Ah yes, I'm turning my nose up at the chance of winning even 2 million these days....

I know what you mean, but I wonder how many people who think there odds of winning couple of hundred thousand increased, would buy more lines. (the ones of us who would take a couple of grand in a heartbeat ). I know I would buy more lines if I thought the chances of winning were greater . .

The chances of winning aren't any greater if the jackpot is divided out, it's just the reward that's greater if you are lucky!

(and I'd love to win my lotto stake back, never mind anything larger )

We were discussing this last week at work and think that when it hits 10 million rollover jackpot they should increase the lower prizes. It's mad that someone with 5 plus bonus number would "only" get €25,000 if the jackpot was €10 million or more. ( not that I would mind "only" getting €25,000 of course)

It's what they do with the Euromillions after a number of rollovers - 12 I think?

Maybe when you reach a certain number of points we could all share them with you

Fair enough, wonder if I contacted tescos (for mentioning them in a thread) would they double my points with a wink wink, nudge nudge . .

I understand the odds are still huge, but technically your odds are greater at getting 5 as opposed to 6, but thats fair enough. The point JP made was good (ie the lower number winners kitty should increase with the main draw).

sounds silly when you think of it as only a "few million" but i only ever do the lotto or the euro millions when it's a huge amount.

Never usually win a thing but was very surprised when i got my ticket checked a few mins ago!!! i won €29. Cost me €10 for the ticket so i won €19 which i was delighted with.

Now i'm going to ponder on what to spend my €19 winnings on.......