lottery win!!!!! I'm very sceptical

teachai

I have had a letter from a spanish lottery telling me I have won a huge amount of money.

They want me to keep the award strictly from public notice.

I never entered any lottery. they entered on my behalf and want to keep 10% of the proceeds.

It looks very cheap. They haven't asked for any security deposit yet.

Oh and I have to fax the claim form in. Theyre asking for irrelevant details. e.g my occupation and next of kins occupation

They actually look convincing, until you realise "what looks too good to be true, usually is too good to be true". It is painful advertising property or vehicles for sale on the web now, as you get bombarded with emails from "potential vendors" offering to pay immediately!! All they need is your details and bank account!!!!! BEWARE!!!

ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS ANY AUTHORITY THAT THESE FRAUDS CAN BE REPORTED TO.

All of these scams are well documented as a key post in the Consumer Issues and Rights Thread.

I have won that Spanish Lottery at least 3 times in the past 2 years - over €500,000 each time. Can't believe how lucky I have been

Just hope you didn't shift the lot to shares in Lehmans or HBoS.

I get those mails often from africa belguim spain, no ending to the scammers' unfortunately some people have fallen for them

i don't care if they look real...how many competitions do you win without entering?

vincentjRe: lottery win!!!!! I'm very sceptical
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=721031#post721031
I have won that Spanish Lottery at least 3 times in the past 2 years - over €500,000 each time. Can't believe how lucky I have been

yeah Dudley and I won the irish lotto 10 Times vincentj,

My tongue was firmly in my cheek when I wrote my e-mail above.
I have actually received the letter at least 3 times telling me of my great wins. Each time the letters were promptly binned.

Dudley

I won that Spanish Lottery too but rather than drawn down the winnings I gave them permision to lodge it with the financial consultant in Lagos who is holding other funds that was given to me by the Crown Prince of Timbukoland at the time of the Coup Detat .

That's quite a nest egg you have there. Can I interest you in...

That's nothing. More than ten of my relatives (relatives I didn't even know I had) have died in the last year in terrible circumstances and left me an average of a million euros each. All I have to do is pay the barrister and he'll sort it all out for me.
I was at my wits end trying to figure out how I was going to get the money for him, then yesterday I found out that I had won the Spanish Lottery. There is a Dog!

Just see my next post....................having one of those days..........thank god its friday

Last edited: