Lost tracker due to arrears

Loreal

Have mortgage with KBC bank. Recently had to query something on my account with them and asked why my tracker was taken away and was told it was because I had gotten into arrears but told nothing further. Is this correct?

Hello,

Is this a commercial loan, loan on your investment property or a homeloan - I did not think the Banks were permitted to remove a tracker rate, in the case of Homaloans for example (but I could be corrected on this) ?

regards

Mr. Earl.

Hi Loreal

Did you get that in writing?

Ask for it in writing.

They have no entitlement to remove your tracker rate unless there was something in your contract and they removed you from your tracker before Jan 2011.

Brendan

I am unsure Brendan. I was told they have to look into things further and get back to me so I am awaiting a call this afternoon. I took out the mortgage with them in 2004 and I think it was around 2009 when I realised and queried it as I was in and out of the country a fair bit at that time.

OK

If you reach a disagreement with the bank, you have only 6 years to take it to the Financial Ombudsman, so don't sit on it, just in case it was before 2009.

Brendan

Back