Lost the bottom of Visa Waiver Form

I used the new 'ATM' system referred to earlier.

I scanned my finger prints and entered my passport number and looked in the camera for about 30 seconds. The machine produced a reciept which looks like a series of random dots.

The guy at boarding gate took my green waiver card about 15 minutes before allowing me on the flight. (it was badly stapled on and would have fallen out if I had stayed much longer)

Many of the other passengers did not notice the 'ATM' machine and consequently did not get the reciept.

As an aside the green waiver form has to be the worst designed form I have ever seen! Have you ever tried filling it in with after a 12 hour journey with jet lag and a leaky biro? The immigration staff are unforgiving and are constantly sending people to the back of the line. A tip: remember to fill in BOTH sides of the form and sign where requested. A second tip: read the entire form first and note the the name of the field is ABOVE the field. This way you wont enter the DOB in a blank space.

Do people understand what they are signing when the are signing the waiver form? My understanding is that (among other things) you are waiving the right to a hearing in the event of immigration picking you up.

aj

Yes - I always get it wrong and fill detailes in the wrong fields. Luckily I have never inadvertently admitted to having been in the Nazi party though.

ClubMan said:
If they fail to staple it then you could always borrow a stapler (in the airport, hotel or other destination) and do it youself.

They did not staple mine. I would have asked for a stapler if i had known that they were putting something into my passport.
But because it was my first time there i didnt know what to expect. As i said in my earlier post, the girl behind the desk had my passport on her desk, which you could not see because of a high ledge over it, when she handed me back the passport it was closed, so i kept it in my hand and walked along.

Don't the forms given out prior to arrival (e.g. on the plane) explain all about the visa waiver form that you receive on arrival?