Lost Print Sharing with Broadband connection

J

jabber

Hi
Just installed Broadband in a small office network, but now can only print from the PC connected to the printer the other pc's aren't printing

are you sure you didnt disconnect the network cable thinking it was the modem/phone cable?

If your PCs were networked directly and you have now connected the network cable on one PC to the broadband router/modem then perhaps it is disconnected from the rest of the LAN? If you want to use broadband and use a LAN then you will probably need an ethernet hub/switch through which the PCs on the LAN connect to each other and then the hub/switch connects to the broadband router/modem. If some or all of this is not making sense to you then try this Howstuffworks.com tutorial or get somebody with networking expertise to help you out.

Thanks for the reply lads
Again Great site
I'll let you know if I sort it out

Also investigate whether the firewall software you've probably just installed on your PC as part of the broadband package hasn't stopped file and printer sharing services. Momentarily disable the firewall (unplug broadband router if you're not happy with that) and see if the problem persists.

have you installed all of the latest service packs if running MS software ?
I saw something on support.microsoft.com a while ago about printers vanishing from the network after installing a bb connection
there is a patch for it