lost phone

!RAY

Hi
I lost my n95 phone. The phone is insured and i have sent the insurance the details.
I got a phone call from them today telling me that the n95 is not made any more and they can offered me 3 other phones the 5800,6700 Nokia or a w995.
I dont know much about phones so i rang the 02 shop and they were very helpful.
The n95 last value on speak easy was about 400 e. The phone they are offering me are between 200 and 250 e.
Are they trying to rip me off ?
Anyway the chap in 02 was telling me that a customer of his had lost his n95 and they offered him the same phones ,he asked for the n86 8g and they agreed.
My question is what should they be giving me ?
i would have thought the same phone or a phone of equal value , it is not my fault the n95 is not made any more.
Has anybody had the same problem?
Thanks
!RAY

I had a similar issue about 10 years ago. The nokia I had wasn't available due to the factory that made them getting damaged by an earthquake in china. I was offered 2 or 3 lesser phones, but I refused them and waited for the same model.

In your position you should be offered something of equal or higher value.

Thanks for your reply.
Just had insurance on to me and when i asked for a phone of equal value was told that as the n95 is not made any more it was worthless. Blood starting to boil.
Ray

Back