Lost passport

troubled

I am travelling to London on Friday for the weekend, when I went to look for my passport yesterday evening i cannot place it anywhere, the last time i had it was when I went down to vote in the local elections and cannot recall where i left it since...anyway more to the point, i also have an American Passport, im a dual citizen for both countries but was born in Ireland, if all comes to all and I cannot locate my Irish passport, is it OK to use mt American one? Its only to London im going....

I cant really see a problem? i still have a few days so hopefully I will track my Irish passport down...fingers crossed!!

Is it Ryanair, Aer Lingus or are you going by ferry?

If it is Ryanair and you have opted for online check-in then you would have had to give your passport details and will need to produce the passport at the boarding gate.

Valid point by callybags re Ryanair, if you are flying with them and have indicated you will be flying with passport and turn up with driving license or different passport you will be refused boarding.
As you say you were born in Ireland your driving license will suffice.

flying with Ryanair and was checking-in online yesterday evening, this is why i was looking for passport, can i still check in with american passport?

its says onmy american passpost that my country of birth is Ireland and i do have a vaild Irish drivers licence

It's a while since I checked in on line with Ryanair but if you can check in on line using your driving license I would otherwise use your american passport (ensure it is in date). Remember to get the on line check in ticket validated at the airport when you check through security as you will be using a non EU/EEA passport. If you don't have it validated you won't get to board.

PLEASE NOTE – passengers making new bookings from the 20th May 2009 onwards will no longer be able to select to check-in at the airport and therefore will be unable to book flights and use their driving licence as photo-id.

Taken from Ryanair [broken link removed]

You cant check in on-line going to London from Ireland with an American passport.

When you have to input your details you have to click to say you have an EU passport. ( which you dont if you are unable to find your irish one)

You will have to check in at the airport. Not sure if they will charge you or not. A canadian friend of mine was travelling the same route and this is what he has to do. they didn't charge him. This was 6 months ago so i'm not sure since they have started charging for all airport check ins, if they will charge you or not.

Bit confusing...looks like you can't check in at the airport at all if flight booked after 20th May??

Can I check-in at the airport?

Airport check-in is only available if your flights were booked before the 20th May 2009
Only passengers who booked their flights before the 20th May 2009 and selected to use airport check-in are eligible to use this service. For these passengers, the airport check-In desks close strictly 40 minutes prior to the scheduled flight departure time. If checking in baggage we recommend that you arrive at the airport two hours prior to scheduled flight departure. Please note airport check-in will not be available to any passenger travelling after the 1st October 2009.

Non eea/ea passengers can check in on line non with Ryanair. They just have to make sure they get there check in on line boarding card sheet validated and stamped.

Back