Lost passport- need it for friday

blueshoes

Im going on hoildays friday and i started packing today and now ive just realised i cant find my passport anywhere.

Ive moved house since the last time i was away and usually i keep all important stuff in a safe place but it has vanished. My boyfriends is here.

Ive turned the house upside down.

Is there anything i can do? any chance i could get another one before friday?

Ive been looking forward to going away since last month

Ring the Passport asap for further info.

The Passport Office,Setanta Centre,Molesworth Street,Dublin 2. Tel: (01) 671 1633Lo-Call (from outside Dublin): 1890 426888Lo Call (from Northern Ireland): (0845) 8504321E-mail: passportdublin@iveagh.gov.ie Recorded information is available on (01) 679 7600 or Lo-Call (from outside Dublin) 1890 426800. Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 9:30am - 4:30pm. (Closed at weekends).

hi sherman

i rang them earlier and the girl said that she would ring me back that she was busy and took my number. I told her it was urgent as im going friday.

still waiting and no phone call. ive tryed ringing again no answer

There's more on OASIS and the Dept. of Foreign Affairs site -- see

Basically you need to
-- get a passport form (most post offices or Garda stations)
-- get passport photos and form endorsed in your local Garda station
-- visit passport office with passport form, birth cert. etc., proof of imminent travel and they can usually issue you a passport on the same day, for an expedited processing fee. Note the current photo requirements carefully. Be prepared to wait around / take the day off work. If you need the passport on Friday you'd need to have all the documentation together by early on Thursday.

Can you reschedule your travel to Monday or later in the weekend?

No cant ive rang the travel agent's and cant re book said if i dont go will loose all the money and its too late to get the tickets changed into other peoples names. She was a right aul b****.

She goes to me did you not read the doucmentation when you got your tickets that you need a passport to travel. Like im not stupid love ive just lost it.

Anyways looks like il be goin to dublin to morrow i cant believe it im so annoyed at myself like where on earth is it.

Better go and got form and photos done. thanks mugsgame

i had to report mine as lost to the garda station and get a slip to say i had reported it as missing before i could be issued a new one. Saying that, it was a good few years ago, but it might do no harm to pop in to the local Garda station before you go to the passport office , only for them to send you off again.

Yes, the page I linked to above mentions this. The procedure I summarised is for renewing a passport; there are some extra steps if you've actually lost it.

Urgent passport applications can be made at the passport office and they may charge you a special additional fee of €50 (on top of the normal passport fee) to process them on an expedited basis. See [broken link removed].

You will find the people in the passport office very cooperative and understanding, as long as you don't leave it till Friday. If you're there Thurs morning you should be able to pick up at the end of the day. Last time I was in there some well-spoken but unmannerly wally walked in there "on the way to the airport" and made a holy show of himself. They didn't humour him (but I got the impression they might have if he was nice about it).

ok you'll need proof of travel for a start. and all other docs, if you bring on the stuff in tomorrow morning it will be ready by 4.30 tomorrow evening.

the staff are very helpful, but its amazing the amount of people that just expect their passport dine just there and then and never mind that they lost it or left it so late to get it ( nothing against the org poster )

Last time I was in there some well-spoken but unmannerly wally walked in there "on the way to the airport" and made a holy show of himself. They didn't humour him (but I got the impression they might have if he was nice about it).

i work in the building and see it on a daily basis, the security guard wouldn't put up with any of it.

i hope you are on your way by now "bon voyage"!!!!!!!!

hi guys,

tanx ever so much everyone for tryin to help me. I found the damm thing this mornin at half 3.

I had it packed away in the loft. Im such an idiot dont know how it got in the attic, in a box full of ornaments.

I was all set to go to passport office today, even took the day of work.
Anyways i wont be letting it out of my site before tomorrow.

Thanks again.
Blueshoes

Hey blueshoes, glad you found it, you've reminded me that my boyfriend needs a new one so thanks for that . Is it Tenerife you're off to?

hi again.

Dr M, yeah expiry is ok only renewed it last yr 4 ten years.

Hey roxy yeah tenerife were goin to. Have been to gran canaria and lanzarote before so goin ta check out tenerife its ment to be a bit mad (im not mad really) i just love the sun!

Lanzarote was by far the nicest so far, not to much young ones partying. its my birthday on sunday the big 21st so im looking forward to that. having a early 21st party to night with family and friends before we go.

yeah i know i do feel really old.

i have a small battery powered fan anyone know can i bring this onto the plane? wondering because of the plastic blades?

also is it still ok to bring digital camra and mp3?

Well done on finding passport! Its so frustrating when you know you've put something away and you can find everything else but it...like when you need a receipt and every other receipt is there but the one you need. But a passport is more worrying esp with trip so near!

Just wanted to say friends of ours went to Tenerife about three times, cos they liked it so much. So am sure you'll have a lovely time. Enjoy, esp after all the stress you will really enjoy it!