Lost only Key to Audi - Costing me a fortune to get replaced

Name and inform - If this board offers money advice as an Audi driver I would like to know where to avoid so that I won't have to endure that kind of shambolic rip off.

And I suppose you're prepared to put your house on the line in the event of deffamation procedings?

Do not name businesses or individuals in threads where terms such as 'rip-off' are in frequent use.
Leo

I understand that and thats why i think i will wait until i hear legal advice regarding this.

But i think that, once legal proceedings have takin place and you win the case you are allowed to speak of the companies wrong actions. MAybe im wrong, please let me know!!!

I have come across this website which also seems to replace keys.

http://www.autolocks.ie/

This seems to be a huge problem for people. Would anyone like to write a Key Post, especially aimed at people who have only one key?

Brendan

Good news. I brought the garage in question to court and WON. Absolutely delighted i got all my money back. I didnt claim expenses unfortunatley but im still happy.

Oh yeah can i name and shame the garage for other ppl to be wary???? Its probably the most well known Audi garage in South/West Dublin and they charge 150 p/hr and as proved dont have a clue.

yes the manager i was dealing with in the garage turned up with all his paperwork etc. didnt work for him. he was gutted walking out of the courtroom.

Gud for you OP, I had to get a replacement key for a 03 Passat 1.5 years ago. I cost 200euro from an Audi/Vw Main dealer outside cork city. They require the VIN of the vehicle to send off to headoffice in dublin to get the alloy part cut. If you require the transmitter part of the fob it think it cost 80 euro and the programming made up the balance. They have to programme the immobliser, factory alarm and central locking. It took roughly 50mins with the car present.

well at least you got it sorted and in a reasonable time. Some main dealers can be good but in my expeerience with this particular Audi garage was a nightmare. Just a warning to all... do your homework before leaving your car in anywhere, always ask for a price and tell them your not leavign your car in with them unless you have a price to fix it and that the car wont be with them for longer than a few days.

I have come across this website which also seems to replace keys.

http://www.autolocks.ie/

This seems to be a huge problem for people. Would anyone like to write a Key Post, especially aimed at people who have only one key?

Brendan

if someone does a Key post (nice pun Brendan!) they could include this link:

http://www.mirez.co.uk/Keys.htm

it's a list of mondeo key types and diy instructions as to how to reprogram keys.

i think the mk2 mentioned on this page is actually the mk1 facelift but i'm open to correction on that. ( i have no experience of the 'newer' post 2000 models)

i have no connection with the site linked except that i'm familiar with it through another car wesbite i used to be involved with.