Lost Management Agreement Document - Noise problems. Help.

Dinarius

Not sure if this is strictly the forum for this question, but it does has property investment implications.

We have a one bed apartment as an investment property.

When we bought it, we were given a copy of the management agreement, by the vendors. It has gone missing.

What is the best way to replace it?

We may have a dispute developing regarding noise with our overhead neighbours. The also let their apartment, and last year they renovated it, between lettings, replacing all the carpets with wooden floors. The net effect is that almost all noise is audible. The worst part is that their kitchen is over our bedroom (dire planning, I know, but times were different 12 years ago!) and its tiled floor, sitting directly on concrete, means that every move is audible.

Worst case scenario, we lose tenants early over this, which would be very costly. I have suggested that they at least replace the kitchen tiles with sound proofed linoleum. This hasn't happend.

What are out options?

Can sound levels be tested scientifically by a third party?

The reason I want to replace my copy of the management agreement is that I am sure that it states that all partition floors must be covered with sound proofing material (carpet etc...).

Anyone got any experience of noise issues?

Many thanks.

D.

I have heard and thought it to be common practice for wooden floors to be not allowed in apartments. That said I believe it to be a reasonably new clause so 12 yrs ago could be totally different. Are the neighbours refusing to change to lino ? To get a contract of the management rules surely the management company could supply you with a copy of these ?
Not much use I know

Thanks.

The item about hard floors is definitely in the agreement. I distinctly remember reading it.

As to the management company. I think that we four (there are only four apartments) are the management company. i.e. we are each directors, with one vote apiece. I don't think that there is any outside entity.

Thanks again.

D.

Back